Monday, May 19, 2008

504: A Changeling in Salisbury!

The Gossiping Ladies at Court:

"Dears, did you hear? I heard from one of Lady Jenna's maid-servants, that a fairy stole her baby and replaced it with a horrible creature!"

"Poor, poor creature. Jenna, I mean. Such a lovely thing."

"A changeling! Its our new Lord Marshall, that Sir Cassius, I tell you! Didn't a dragon or some such creature attack his manor at Tisbury a few years back? It seems the Good Neighbors have taken a liking to him."

"Heaven forbid! Oh, poor, poor Jenna. Such a kind thing."

"I say they should drown the thing and send it back to Hell! The baby, that is, not Sir Cassius."

[a twitter of sly laughter]

"I hear he's left Salisbury, with some other lords on a quest to find his real son, Germain. That they've gone to the Forest Sauvage!"

[hushed silence]

No comments: