
The healer and priest told me bed rest was in store for me this winter...
They told me my wound would last longer than this winter...
They may be right about my scar, but this winter, I would not have time to sleep...
His grace, Earl Roderick granted my petition to be wed. Facing such dark times, I know our noble land needs many strong Cymrics to face the growing threat of Saxon invasion. Our torching of their boats will only slow their migration. And seeing the lives lost in our efforts, I know it is my duty to Lord Roderick to beget and train strong sons to continue the fight. On a quite sunday morning, I wed Maugelie of Shrewton, a young maiden of seventeen, I prayed that night that she would bear me many boys of hearty constitution...
Maugelie's dowry will serve me well, I will have to tour Shrewton Manor soon. Her father, Sir Arawain, may be an ally in court, but with only one living sister and no heir, I cannot trust in his family to aid me in battle or in protection of my new land. I guess he granted Earl Roderick's request, knowing my strong arm would protect Shrewton and his daughter in the coming days.
My wound healed quickly, but left a scar across my left eye, I touch it and remember my father...
I did not know before this winter that my hatred for the Saxons could be any stronger, but with each passing night, staring out into the rain, a fire grows in my heart. My dreams are haunted by that soulless savage who struck me down. I can see his face and know he is taunting me. He defeated me and then turned and slew Llyr. I will seek this beast out, this I vow. This fire I know will only be put out by my sword in a Saxon belly...
Gerin the Giantslayer
487 A.D. Wylye Manor
No comments:
Post a Comment