What a great night and what a great group of guys! Seriously, I had a blast. One of the players, a chef, baked meat pies in honor of the game's genre. I heartily recommend having a chef as a player!The players rolled their characters last night. We used the King Arthur Pendragon, 5th Edition rules to produce two Cymric knights...well, squires, actually. They'll be introducing themselves on this blog a bit later on.
For the first time I used the Family History & Fatherland option and the players learned about their great-grandfathers, grandfathers, and fathers. Both of their grandfathers died early on, but their fathers miraculously made it to 484, before the mandatory papa-kill of that year. I really liked the flow of the system, and how it creates a background for characters rooted in Arthurian pre-history. It also nicely establishes a reason for defending and loving the starting homeland of Salisbury. As a suggestion to Greg, perhaps creating such a system for other homelands would be of value for future supplements?
We also started the Introduction Scenario, also a first for me. I loved how it taught basic Pendragon mechanics and fostered jovial camaraderie and playful rivalry between the players.
We'll be playing again this Sunday and I can't wait. We'll finish the Introduction Scenario and get the players knighted.
2 comments:
Yay! I'm stoked you got your campaign going.
Does it feel strange to be starting in Salisbury, or reassuring?
Thanks! It does feel reassuring, actually. I'm familiar with it and all the source material's in place so I don't have to work so hard. I never played the Anarchy Period before (nor the Boy King for that matter!) so I'm psyched to have them romp around Salisbury for a bit.
How goes your game?
Post a Comment