Monday, June 02, 2008

The Infant Germine?

This past winter has been quite an amazing one. With the successful rescue of Germine, Jenna and I are forced to accept that our son's childhood has been stolen and will not be returned. Germine has the body and mind of a fifteen year old. The amazing part is his memory is split, as if in a waking dream he remembers both growing up in the fey forest, but also growing up in the court of salisbury, of being a page, and of hunting with me.
The strangest part, is when he tells of an experience we had in his childhood, it is as if I had that experience in a dream. It is familiar and feels right, yet I know it could not have happened...
Germine seems to accept this as normal, Jenna is far more distressed by it, she has lost her darling infant to be replaced by a young man. One who has asked about who he will be squired to. He is excited, and in testing his skills with the sword and on the horse, I know he is ready.
Strangely, an Irishman has come to our hall, and is staying the winter. He has earned my trust and an delights of both Germine and Mary Violette, Germine's "Older half-sister!" The Irish are truely an entertaining people, Sir Ronan O'Byrne, tells the most amazing stories and his love for family has impressed both my darling wife and myself.
Further, his knowledge of the fey, is quite amazing! He and Germine have shared many stories and through Ronan, I feel I know more of my son's experience is the Forest Sauvage...
Come Spring court in Sarum, I will ask the Countess Permission, to offer a Gift of the manor of Timbale to Sir Ronan in exchange for his vasselage and tutalage of Germine in the Knightly arts...

Sir Cassius
Winter 504 AD

No comments: