King Uther is dead. God save...whom? Well that's the problem isn't it?I'm really enjoying how the dynamics of the game have suddenly shifted. With the death of the king all the binds that tied the Kingdom together are unravelling and neighbor is arming against neighbor.
My players requested that I make a map of Salisbury ("like a RISK board") so that they could see who their friends and allies in the county are. I made the above map out of a scanned version of the real one on pg. 62 of King Arthur Pendragon, 5th edition. I quickly made a bunch of random lines to indicate the borders of the various manors. There's no rhyme or reason to the order or size; I really didn't have the time to think about it.
Suddenly story ideas sprung into my head. It also forced me to read the whole section on Salisbury really carefully. What a great resource it turned out to be; along with the generic stats of Young, Average, (etc.) knights in the back of the book, I could pretty much come up with and execute a specific scenario in minutes.
1 comment:
Definately fun in the anarchy period!!! The King of Uther period, was pretty frustrating as a player, pretty much felt as if we had very little room to roleplay and no choices as where to go, but enter the Anarchy period has openned up a new world! All I can say is I'm way too excited to get the the next year, and the next, and so on.
For anyone new to Pendragon, at least the Great Pendragon Campaign, treat the King Uther Period like a tutorial in some video game, b/c seeing the changes as we enter the age of Anarchy; I can't wait to see what the boyking and romance periods will be like.
Post a Comment